[TenTec] Strange problem? PSK31` PTT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Strange problem? PSK31` PTT
From: Richard Hemingway <rheming1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:45:07 -0600
I have run into a strange problem. I received my Orion about 5 days ago and from time to time I have been running PSK31 on it using the SignaLink SL-1+ interface and both the MultiMode and DarwinPsk software. Receive is fine and I can run both software on RX on three different stations. Also TX has been working well.

My problem, today, has to do with TX . I key in a message, in either program, and hit TX and can hear the sending of the message from the computer headphones and the PTT lights up on the SignLink. However, it is not keying the Orion!! Two days ago it was and I have not tried to use it on PSK since. Both my key on CW and the Mic of SSB work just fine and key the transmitter.

The cable goes from the SignaLink to the Orion via a 5 pin DIN plugged into the AUX I/O jack and the gain is set at 4. I tried to increase the gain, but nothing changed.

I imagine t hat I am doing something dumb but haven't been able to figure it out.

Dick, N5XRD