[TenTec] Finally got a Omni-VI+

To: "Tentec@Contesting. Com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Finally got a Omni-VI+
From: "ke4vpn" <ke4vpn@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:53:25 -0400
Hello all
Just got a Omni-VI+ from Ten-Tec this week. I finally made my mind up to try
one after several years of searching for the best cw rig. I think right now
that I made the right choice, because the Orion is out of reach for now. I
got the 285 500 hz cw filter with it and it is great or better than great,
and I can not wait to see what the other three cw filters will do when I get
them installed? The radio is in "As New" condition, and I find it hard to
believe that it is used at all. Scott said that it was in "As New" condition
and now I believe him. Once again the Ten-Tec factory has made me a happy
ham. I test all my rigs on 40 meter cw at night just to see what they can
do, and boy does this radio get rid of the broadcasters and QRM. The audio
is great and even on SSB it is fine, no pinched SSB here, sounds very nice
to me. Once I got the relay turned off I could hear what real QSK sounds
like, and it is unbelievable. I can not think of a way that they could have
made a cw rig any easier to use. I want to say thanks to all the ones who
helped me make the choice to finally get the rig, and I think this rig will
stay in the shack for a long time.
Thanks to all
Ronnie
KE4VPN