[TenTec] RE: Omni VI auidio, was Finally got

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Omni VI auidio, was Finally got
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:27:07 +0000
I prefer to hear the lows myself. So I got in the habit of setting the PBT at
11:00 for LSB, 1:00 for USB. This provides a much more full low end without
overdoing the treble cut. The first speaker I used on the VI was a
hallicrafters DD-CS with a 15" bass reflex speaker, later alternating between
an R-45 and an R-46A. Talk about sounding sweet!

The only problem was on Field Day - when someone always set the PBT and the
Notch "straight up," turned the mike gain to max, and then complained about the
audio and the splatter reports he got. FWIW, the very worst offenders were
those with high end JA radios at home.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
You know what they call a cowboy who does not picket his horse?

Afoot!