RE: [RE: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RE: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]]
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:42:51 -0700
Mike, as long as it's your own house, there's no problem.  I've solved the
problem in two ways.

1. I drilled a larger hole through the brick and insurted a thin PVC pipe
through it.  I ran a short piece of 300 ladder line through it and connected
450 ohm ladder line on both sides.  Then I used silicon to seal it.  I ran a
kilowat through it for years with no problems.

2. I finally did it right.  I purchased two threaded bronz rods, drilled two
parallel holes through the wall, inserted two pieces of thin PVC pipe and
ran the rods through the PVC pipe.  My logic tells me this is a better
solution, but to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference after the
upgrade.

Both solutions brought the parallel feeder into the shack.  I have the line
twisted outside, but the short 8 ft run inside the shack is not twisted.
It's simply fastened with a 1" plastic spacer to the ceiling in a couple of
places.

73
Rick