Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI and Orion Mic connector - bad info
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:42:51 -0500
Rob's comments are very correct and accurate on-air reports are good but not
really good enough to my thinking.  To which I ask a question "how many hams
today use a monitor scope in line?"  I would imagine very few.  Some years
ago I acquired a Heathkit SB-610 that is located in the path between the
Centurion amp and the 238 tuner.  A little watching will give one a clue as
to what the signal is really like.  Fuzzy edges or peaks, or blooming
waveforms and the such simply say trouble is brewing and splatter abounds.

Well worth the $$ spend and space on the desk.

73
Bob, K4TAX