RE: [TenTec] IC7800

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] IC7800
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:33:28 -0500

Yes, like every Orion owner will dump it for a couple of extra dB and plunk down another $7-8000. Not likely.

Well, maybe and then again maybe not,

Agree to dis-agree, The reason for going to the Orion in the first place was that extra close in performance and that few DB and extra gain on weak signal performance, Some are spending a small fortune on Antenna systems, to those , a few DB are going to count. Not to mention the flashy lights and color display.

I'll have an opportunity to test the 7800 in A/B tests here. Many others will too. That's how I came to decide on the Orion. Let the market make the choices. My comment is simply that if Ten Tec doesn't gain the edge here, They will lose alot of dollars to other rigs and the back log will go away.

As to Yuri and his ideas, I wouldn't write him off yet either.

73's
Rich
K5SF