Re: [TenTec] Grounding

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Grounding
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 08:28:16 -0400
Yes, I know....I'll get mine!!
I've had antennas in the air at 3 QTH's here in NJ for 30 something years
now.
Nothing is grounded, except for the ground lug of the AC outlet, and the
fact that the tower
is ground mounted.
Lightning storms are rare here, but I know it only takes one...So after
reading this thread, I think I'll get some clamps and heavy braid...a few
ground rods, and take care of this once and for all.
Of course....then the thing will take a direct hit and I'll have a melt
down.... That is how things usually work out!!
....Dave