[TenTec] Orion & FSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion & FSK
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:41:13 -0400

I discovered something this weekend that I had not noticed before and that I do
not recall having been discussed here on the reflector before. Since it's so
obvious, it has probably been discussed, but I just missed it.

If you go to the FSK mode, anytime you turn the 'CUT' control, the audio output
of the Orion changes. Sometimes the audio drops down very low, sometimes it
sounds like the mode has been changed, but there is no indication of such on
the display. The change occurs when you move the 'CUT' from a '+' value to a
'-' value or vise versa, in either low cut or high cut position. What ever is
changing is brought back to 'normal' by just barely moving the BW control.

Has anyone else experienced this? If not, I maybe need to do a  memory reset
and see if that restores the rig to normal operation. If others observe the
same thing, then it needs to be reported to Ten Tec to be put on a wish list
for fixes.

Any comments/recommendations would be appreciated.

Tom - W4BQF