[TenTec] NTIA BPL Report released

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] NTIA BPL Report released
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:43:10 -0700 (PDT)

Can YOU (or someone else on the list) write something
on the lines of the Executive Summary you say the
decision makers should have but lack?

The decision has been made to go with this and the
Prez has endorsed it.

All the NTIA document does is to explain in quantified
engineering terms why it will fail spectacularly. It
was not for the NTIA to judge the idea.

I'd like for the document to carry more political
weight, but in absence of that, a lengthy description
of the technical horrors ahead will make great reading
for the power companies who would invest. This is the
bottom line, not how much the "powers that be" like
the powerplug idea.

Thanks to Jim for allowing some OT posts on this
important issue, some of the other lists have not.
It's important not to clobber the list with OT posts
so this should just about do it for me on the issue - thx!