Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Recieve

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II Recieve
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@serv.net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 20:04:40 -0700
David,

It's pretty clear if the mfj 259b is gone on the bottom of the band on your
beverage then its an antenna problem not a rig problem. Or, did I read your
note wrong?

As for playing with the corsair, I'd suggest taking a diddle stick and
applying pressure
judiciously on any boards exposed to see if you hear any intermittant
changes in the audio. Lots of traces and cold solder joints could might
avail themselves to you. Barring that, an aging transciever can hide lots of
interesting little faults and catching them as they occur will ensure long
rig life.