Re: [TenTec] Microphonics/Feedback from Omni-V.9?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Microphonics/Feedback from Omni-V.9?
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:48:45 -0500
Indeed if the monitor level is turned up it can cause the problem.  Also, in
both the Omni VI+ and the 2 Paragons, there is some degree of mechanical
coupling between the speaker and the audio board located immediately below
the speaker.    There is a good bit of gain in that circuit and should a
component be microphonic it can contribute to a howl.  I used a couple of
small wedges cut from rigid foam packing material to "tighten up" the audio
board.  Solved all the problems for me.  It was a trial and evaluate project
which took only 10 or 15 min to solve.

73
Bob, K4TAX