Re: [TenTec] Orion relay

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion relay
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:31:17 -0500
One thing on the relay subject to take note of.  Some hear the relay some
don't.  Some are sure the relay is making noise and some are sure it is
quite.

With my past experience in component mounting and acoustics, it just may be
that some relays are mounted tight to the board and thus couple their
mechanical sound to a larger radiator while other relays may be slightly off
of the board and thus there is no mechanical coupling to the radiator.

Conclusion:  both are correct, some make noise, some don't make noise.

73
Bob, K4TAX

P.S. - Pardon my dangling participle or such as my major wasn't English.