Re: [TenTec] RX-340 *basic* software?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX-340 *basic* software?
From: "Eric F. Richards" <efricha@dimensional.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 17:00:35 -0600
At 11:29 AM 5/15/2004 -0500, Jim Brown wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 10:14:37 -0600, Eric F. Richards wrote:

> is there
>some freeware or cheapware software available for the RX-340?  The only
>functionality I need is to upload/download the memories

If your needs are that simple, why not write it yourself? I'd be surprised if Ten Tec
doesn't (or won't) provide sufficient documentation for you to do that..

They do. But I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has done so. I write software for a living (not Windows software) and don't want to do it on my own time if I can avoid it. I'm also in financial distress -- have sold off most of my ham gear -- so Carl's software is really an extravagance I can't afford.

You might also look at Ham Radio Deluxe, which is a VERY nice freeware package
that controls a lot of radios, including most Ten Tec models. I don't recall if the 340 is
one of them, but a visit to their website would tell you. Do a google search to find
them.

I have that software but it only supports the Argonaut and Jupiter.

Jim Brown K9YC

-- Eric F. Richards efricha@dimensional.com "The weird part is that I can feel productive even when I'm doomed." - Dilbert