Re: [TenTec] Knob city

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Knob city
From: "Steve Ellington" <N4LQ@igLou.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 02:08:28 -0000
I think most of us realize that when it comes to hearing weak signals in
noise some of the simplest receivers are better than the 38 knob/86 button
DSP infested monsters. Take the old Triton IV for instance. With all of it's
shortcomings compared to modern rigs, it could hear through some atmospheric
noise as if it had a pipeline through the ethers. That is until someone got
too close!

Steve
N4LQ