Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI and PSK31

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI and PSK31
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:23:28 -0500
First, get rid of the Rigblaster.  It really is not needed.  Connect the RCA
connectors on the back of the Omni VI+, Audio IN and Audio OUT, to the
respective LINE OUT and LINE IN on the sound card.  DO NOT USE MICROPHONE IN
AND SPEAKER OUT on the sound card.  I use a Radio Shack cable which has RCA
connectors on one end and 1/8" miniature plugs on the other.

On the OMNI VI, set the VOX gain to max, set the VOX delay to min.  Set the
MIC level in the same place as you would for SSB.  If you are using a 705
mike, leave it connected but be sure PTT is not activated on the mike.
Advance the computer level control until the rig keys solidly and then
advance the software level further until the power output is about 35 to 55
watts max.  Adjust the software level control on receive until the waterfall
shows a correct level with no overload on a strong signal.

That's it.

73
Bob, K4TAX