[TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 17, Issue 62

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 17, Issue 62
From: "JerryVan" <jerryvan@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:52:02 -0400
Alan,

I haven't tried to duplicate your exact sequence with my Orion and 1.370.
However, on mine I have noticed what appears to be an anomaly which may explain
what you are seeing.  With "PTT IN CW AS" set to "NONE" the "AMP 1" line is
being driven which in my case drives my external T/R switch causing the antenna
to be disconnected from the receiver.  If your "AMP 1" is driving your linear I
wonder if your situation matches mine if the internal T/R sequence in your amp
is being activated.  It certainly does not seem normal for the AMP lines to be
activated when setting this menu option to NONE.

I'll defer reporting this to Ten-Tec for a couple of days.  Perhaps others have
determined that this is normal and will be helpful in explaining why this is
so.  Or perhaps my Orion is acting in a unique way.

Jerry  N8BM