Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY
From: "Steve Ellington" <N4LQ@igLou.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 20:42:09 -0000
Yes indeed it helps!

With the older versions, QSK was virtually instantaneous. Now it is slightly
slower than the fastest VOX setting on my IC-706 therefore it cannot be
defined as QSK by any means. I think that in order to improve the keying at
higher speeds, they eliminated the QSK.
Furthermore....When using a straight key or bug you will find erratic
keying. External keyers and keyboards work fine but something about the
random resistance in a bug or key will drive it nuts. Give it a try.

Steve
N4LQ