Re: [TenTec] Info on the Argonaut 515?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Info on the Argonaut 515?
From: "Al Gulseth" <wb5jnc@qsl.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:01:56 -0500 (CDT)
As I recall I had a conversation with a representative of Ten-Tec (Scott?)
just after theannouncement that the Argonaut was being discontinued. I asked
why, and if
I rememberthe conversation correctly the reason given was that the Argonaut
sales
numbers had fallenoff a cliff with the introduction of the Argosy. The
price/features of the
Argosy (with its lessexpensive modular construction) compared to the Argonaut
(which was hand
wired andmore expensive to build) apparently influenced a lot of buyer's
decisions.
This would meshwith what Clark WA3JPG said.

73, Al