Re: [TenTec] Argo 30 meter conversion - Century 22 17m !

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argo 30 meter conversion - Century 22 17m !
From: G4PUQ@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:28:46 EDT
       Going back to 1998 I enjoyed a simple modification project!

       I modified a Century 22 for 17m & 12m. Nothing elaborate just replaced
the xtals, made an educated guess regarding the value of a few components and
tweaked the relevant inductor cores.

       Results on 17m were quite surprising, TA3BN first qso whilst testing
and JA1OBN a couple of weeks later following a bit more work ( Its nice to look
over old logbooks :-)

12m was very unstable and I didn't pursue the modification any further. I did
think about 160m but I didn't think final PA would work on the band. has
anyone tried something a little bit more precise than my hit and miss approach?

       73 de Peter G4PUQ
       G-QRP-C 1384

100% CW,  85 % Ten Tec, 15 % Drake

Running my own little mini Ten Tec Museum shack. Century22, Argosy II, Delta
580+VFO, OmniC+VFO, Corsair II+VFO, Scout and Drake  TR7+ VFO