[TenTec] Century 21 Digital Transceiver..problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 21 Digital Transceiver..problems
From: "Tony Martin W4FOA" <w4foa@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:38:54 -0400
    My trusty C21 digital has developed a problem and I am wondering if
anyone of the distinguished TT gang could point me in the right direction to
identifying and curing the problem.

    The rig was working very well this morning with about 15 watts output
maximum before tripping the breaker.  Later in the day I turned the rig on
and when I hit the key, the breaker immediately shut down the rig.  Antenna,
key, etc. setup was identical to earlier.  When I tried to reset the breaker
by using the on/off switch, it immediately shuts down rig.  Only thing I can
say it that in the digital display it looks as if a series of EEEEEE, but
that is only for a millisecond.  The fuse is not blown.  No damage to
components and boards is visible.

I'm not a tekkie, but can do some basic troubleshooting if I have a clue
about what to look for and maybe where (grin).

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Best to all..and Happy Memorial Day...God Bless America

Tony, W4FOA