Re: [TenTec] Houston......Orion has Landed

To: nq5t@comcast.net, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Houston......Orion has Landed
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:37:43 EDT
The "S" meter is not accurate when compared to my TT Jupiter or the TS-830S.

My neighbor Jim N0JSN also has an Orion and has the same issue when compared
to his
TS-940, IC-756Proll, Yeasu Mark V and TT Jupiter.

In other words, when a received signal is an S-9 on XYZ radio, the Orion "S"
meter shows an S-1. Sounds like an S-9 signal though.

If I had some way of injecting an 50uv signal into the Orion Ant jack then I
would know for sure.

Or, is there a way of configuring the Orion, using the many features, to get
it to show an accurate "S" reading.

Its all relative anyway. I always give everyone a 5/9.

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/17mcoaxmox.html
http://www.cebik.com/n0khq.html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/