Re: [TenTec] Houston......Orion S Meter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Houston......Orion S Meter
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:43:01 +0000
Actually, the S meter is probably dead on, S9 = 50 microvolts; and tracking
properly all the way down to S2, with the meter sitting on S1 with no signal.
That's where mine has been since day 1, but it sure does not agree with any of
the other rigs that have been brought over here for a rig shootout.

A couple of the rigs call a known and steady 50 microvolt signal S3 and took
over 150 microvolts to indicate S9,  one said 10 over,  and none of them
tracked signal strength properly.  My Jupiter indicates S7 with a 50 microvolt
signal.

 However - rarity so increases signal strength and I try not to work stations
in countries I have confirmed so virtually everything that I work is S9 plus.

And yes, I 'spect most of us have to exercise our Random Access Memory. We
can't remember when the XYL asks how much it costs.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on