Re: [TenTec] Re: was Contesting now hi end rigs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: was Contesting now hi end rigs
From: "Jeff Griffin" <kb2m@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 06:42:44 -0400
  Ah, but if the car cost $30,000.00 and the other two comparable models in
it's class cost $100,000.00 and $125,000.00 and didn't perform quite as well
or the same, I would get the car painted(white MIC PH CW labeling),  add the
air (N4PY s/w), and power windows(legal limit amp) myself.
  On a side note you can buy such a car, the Ford Mustang Cobra R model.
It's for the racetrack only, and blows away the C6, M5's etc at less cost.
Of course it has no air and power windows to save weight, flat black hood to
cut down on glare.
 Back to radio's I think the price difference is WAY too much. One could say
their not going to sell very many of them to recoup the engineering costs.
But if they sold them for under $5k I'm sure a lot more will be sold. How
much do you think it cost's them to actually build the transceiver? I really
don't get their marketing strategy.....

73 Jeff kb2m