Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:32:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/15/2004 6:12:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
aldermant@alltel.net writes:

While  the remainder of the time, it's just touch and go as to whether or not
with  the next dit transmitted am I going to lose RF output power or am I
going to  lose rcvr audio. While firmware updates are a wonderful thing to know
that is  coming down the pike, when I put out my hard earned bucks for a 'dream
radio',  I certainly do expect it to function as a basic radio, which the
Orion does  not. Before you want to argue  this last statement, hook up your
o'scope  and look at the transmitted CW rise and fall time when you have the
menu
set  at the various rise time settings available. You will be shocked and in
my  case, unhappy.

Tom

I haven't had those kinds of problems.  Maybe you should send yours  back to
TT for a check up.  You shouldn't be losing RF power or  audio.

On the CW issue, I don't have an o'scope. The CW note sounded a little hard
at 5 ms but sounds nice to me with a 6 ms rise/fall.  Could you elaborate  on
the problem?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA