Re: [TenTec] keyer

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] keyer
From: "mgoins" <mgoins@mail.ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:37:00 -0500
Lots of choices out there and sort of depends on what you want/need. For a
simple kit, I like the NorCal. Easy to build, small, and works well. As does
the one TenTec makes. Both come without cabinets, so they can be built into
nearly anything you want (including the Corsair if you aren't fanatical about
keeping it stone stock).

Bigger kit/pre-built, I reall like the Logic Keyers, and I've used a good many
others. I op at 1 watt here, so I have one of the CMOS-4 keyers. Has plenty of
memory, uses very little power, and easy to use/set up.

As I said, lot so choices, especially with keyers. Ebay is oftne loaded with
them - new, old, kit, etc., and they are usually easy to find at hamfests.

One opinion. Mine.

mike
K5WMG