RE: [TenTec] E-Ham Bad Orion Review

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] E-Ham Bad Orion Review
From: "Bill Rowlett" <kc4atu@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:23:43 +0000
I do not think that we will ever see say an Orion II as you mention. The beauty of the newer radio's is the ability to upgrade and make changes through the software. The bigger and better will be totaly new and even more advanced. Some people will never be happy with any radio, no matter where it came from.

Ask yourself, if these people who would like for us all to think them as experts and to hold there personal reviews up as the truth, why are these findings coming out on an internet reflector and not as written questions and findings sent to the manufactor and why are they not having discussions with those engineers and designers who can make changes.

Many of the problems people are having are caused by a lack of understanding the little things and a failure to properly set the radio up. The days of take it out of the box, plug it in and go are over.

As for e-ham reviews, there overall worth is very limited.

Bill, kc4atu