Re: [TenTec] Which firmware for the Orion?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Which firmware for the Orion?
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:40:56 +0000
Lee

I am in no doubt that you should use the latest firmware. This is version 1.371 currently.

I am running 1.371 on two Orions and so far I find both to be stable and operate well. If in using the latest version of the firmware you find a problem then mention it on the reflector here. Someone will quickly let you know whether what you see is a known problem and whether an earlier release displayed the same symptoms or not.

I understand some folks are experiencing on going problems with lock-ups when using Orion. I am very active everyday, when I am at home. I'm a contester, a dxer and a rag-chewer. I operate CW, SSB and RTTY. Whilst I am aware of elements of Orion functionality and ergonomics which can still benefit from improvement, I experience no show stopping hangs or crashes of the operating firmware.

You should prepare yourself to have a whole lot of fun learning to use your new Orion. It is an outstanding piece of equipment.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F

Lee Crocker wrote:

I have followed the cussin' and discussion regarding
the Orion.  If you were to buy your Orion today, which
firmware version would you intsall?

My reason for asking is I bought my Orion today.