RE: [TenTec] OT: Overseas equipment selling / shipping

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] OT: Overseas equipment selling / shipping
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:09:53 -0400 (EDT)
 I have sold  equiptment overseas.during the past year, but mostly to Greece,
Italy and Spain.   I did  a lot of research on the shipping USPO is the best by
far. Regular AIR MAIL takes a mater of a few days and is the best option.
Something heavy or cheap goes ship and takes about 6 weeks.  Insurance is cheap
but not available to all the countries.  If it is an big issue, sometimes you
can register the box, in leiu of insurance. You must however use "markable",
non-smearable tape, if that is the case.  They seem to prefer to use Western
Union to transfer the funds. I just go to a local office, i.e. grocery store,
to pick up the funds. I double box and double pack everything.  You must
include a customs declartion. You must ask the buyer how best to write it up  ,
used radios or ham gear might have different rates than electonics or consumer
products.  I think ham gear to some countries is duty free, but electronics are
 taxed @ a rate of 100% of sales price.Larry GreenbergN
 5BEA--- On Sun 06/27, Duane A Calvin &lt; ac5aa@juno.com &gt; wrote:From:
Duane A Calvin [mailto: ac5aa@juno.com]To: tentec@contesting.comDate: Sun, 27
Jun 2004 15:56:47 -0500Subject: [TenTec] OT: Overseas equipment selling /
shippingSorry for the off-topic post, but I'm hoping someone here has
experiencethey can help me with. I've listed my 2m all-mode ICOM on ebay, and
I'm getting a lot ofinterest from overseas - guys from both the UK and Ukraine
have expressedinterest. Have any of you done sales and shipment of equipment to
EUcountries, and, if so, can you forward me any suggestions for payment
andshipment? So far, both people appear to be legitimate and well-ratedbidders,
but I know nothing of the intricacies of international trade! (Answers to my
email addr please, as I don't want to tie up the reflectorwith this topic.)
Many thanks in advance. I forgot how much interestthere is in EU for VHF.73,
Duane (ebay item number: 5706793555)--------------------------------------
 Duane Calvin, AC5AAAustin,
Texashttp://home.austin.rr.com/ac5aa_______________________________________________TenTec
 mailing