[TenTec] Orion: T/R delay "how to" Question..

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion: T/R delay "how to" Question..
From: "Christoph Rheker DL4YAO" <dl4yao@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:49:31 +0200
Hello,

my Orion is in the shack for a few days and I have a question, that's
probably easy but I could not find an answer.

I have an old slow non QSK Amp, so I set the T/R Delay in the TX menu
to some convenient value. I am using Amp 1 output for keying.
That works fine for CW.

However I found that the delay that is set there applies also to SSB
mode. That means, when releasing the PTT on the mic, the Orion waits
until the T/R delay is over and after that it switches the Amp to RX.

Of course I can go to the menu and change T/R delay back to zero
when working SSB. But is there a way so that T/R delay applies ONLY
to CW mode?

Many thanks and 73 de
Chris, DL4YAO