[TenTec] Wanted: battery and noise help!

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Wanted: battery and noise help!
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:02:15 -0700
Most honored list members:

Anyone can recommend a good price/performance 12 volt battery to run the OMNI VI? I also have the Herc II, and I'd float the battery on 10 amp charge while running the Herc II (no p.s. here). I've used a common marine deep cycle battery and it works fine, but finally fell over in the trunk of my car after a few years and dumped the electrolytes (and the acid ate up my nice Pelican case with my Buddipole inside! The Buddipole survived, but the case took a hit....)

I thought that maybe a pair of 6 volt golf cart batteries would work fine. I might also think about a step up regulator to give me 13.8 volts through the useful range of the batteries (though for the possible 70 + amp draw of the Herc II this could be expensive?)

Well, if anyone is doing this, especially if you float a solar charger, I'd like to hear from you.

Another question. I've got power line noise from more than one source. I have the Timewave (JPS) noise canceller and it works well on a single noise. Anyone ever daisey chain these things to notch more than one noise source? Anyone have a Timewave noise canceller that they'd like to sell to me?

Clark
WA3JPG
Sunny Central Coast of California