Re: [TenTec] Ebay Scam

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ebay Scam
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 00:26:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales [mailto: sales@tentec.com]To:
tentec@contesting.comDate: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:12:30 -0400Subject: Re: [TenTec]
Ebay ScamThis is seriously off topic - but it's called "shilling" and eBay DOES
NOTallow that. You should complain to eBay.Scott W4PAAt 03:23 PM 7/15/04 -0400,
you wrote:&gt;Just a friendly warning to members of the list of my experiences
with some &gt;"ebayer's" . I was bidding on a 262 power supply so I could have
vox with &gt;my 544. KJM520 was the seller. I put in a bid of what the maximum
I was &gt;willing to pay. So far so good. Near the end of the bidding another
person &gt;out bid me. Still OK.The he withdrew his bid leaving me the winner.
Still &gt;OK until I checked the address of the person who bid up past my
maximum &gt;and then withdrew his bid. His call and Ebay ID is N4VMV. His last
name &gt;and address is the same as the seller.He gave his excuse" as couldn't
&gt;contact seller" Neat little deal. They bid up to th
 e maximum bid to &gt;squeeze every dollar they can out of the buyer. As it
turned out the only &gt;other bidder bid $10.00 so this scam cost me $41.00. I
asked the seller to &gt;explain the reason for their actions but no reply. They
could have put a &gt;reserve or minimum starting bid and got the same result
and been on the up &gt;and up. Sorry to go off topic but it is a Ten-Tec
supply.Buyer &gt;Beware.&gt;&gt;Lou-N3OD&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;---&gt;Outgoing mail is
certified Virus Free.&gt;Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(http://www.grisoft.com).&gt;Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release
Date: 7/5/2004&gt;_______________________________________________&gt;TenTec
mailing
list&gt;TenTec@contesting.com&gt;http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec-----------------------------------------------------------------Ten-Tec,
 Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USAContact Mon-Fri
Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sal
 es (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at Email:
New product sales/product info sales@tentec.comService department
service@tentec.comWhile we make every effort to answer email in an expedient
manner,the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker
andmore complete answer to your inquiries.