[TenTec] Re: Ebay

To: Lou Ribble <n3od@enter.net>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ebay
From: w8au@sssnet.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 12:55:11 -0400
At 05:54 AM 07/16/2004, Lou Dibble wrote:
.He bid past my maximum bid and then canceled his last bid leaving me the winner at my maximum bid. I think I shall not buy again on Ebay. It is a shame that people have to resort to these tactics but I guess it is a sign of the times.

Lou:

"Sign of the times?" Remember that old proverb, "There's nothing new under the Sun!" :-)

I gather from your experience, that Ebay's software does not "return" you to your original bid after someone does the bid-unbid routine......
This is something that can be rectified by correcting their software. They may not have incentive to do it, since it brings in more
commission charge, but "the customer is always right, and MORE customers need to complain..... It's also good business and will
keep good folks like you from dropping out.....

Many thanks for bringing this up.....
I'll certainly be registering a complaint....

Perry w8au