[TenTec] Testing a 301 Encoder

Subject: [TenTec] Testing a 301 Encoder
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 00:29:34 -0400
We suffered a power surge on July 4th, and among the items lost were my Omni-VI Plus, computer, cable modem, and Rotor-EZ. The 961 and Herc II/9420 PSU *seems* to be okay, but as yet I'm not so sure. The surge protectors were randomly effective (the 961 was on the same protector as the undamaged HP monitor and HP printer).

The computer's RS-232 ports were hooked up to the Radio-EZ, and with a 3-way cable to the Omni, 301 encoder and Herc II.

Without a radio to drive or load these devices is there any way to test the 961, Herc II/9420 (powered on, Vcc needle sits just below 15) and 301?

Thanks,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC