Re: [TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:19:51 +0000
While I don't bemoan the QST staff writers failure to get to the point, I hate
it when a died in the wool "ain't nothing like my brand" rig owner is given the
latest from "his brand" to test.  Testing quickly becomes propaganda and
straying from the point may well prevent too many coats of gilding on that
lily.
So a well written and scrupulously fair rig comparison would be a worthy
project.  I can't say what would happen at League HQ but you can bet that such
a piece of work would excite a lot of interest. Particularly in the advertising
department. If QST could not accept such an article, perhaps CQ would risk
their advertisers wrath. Or do like others have done with beam and vertical
antennas, and sell it for ten bucks or so a copy. As a last resort, you could
always post it on the internet.
73  Pete Allen  AC5E

Never squat with your spurs on
testing.com/mailman/listinfo/tentec