[TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] IC-7800 Expanded Test Report
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:13:50 +0200
W4ZV> With IF's above 30 MHz, we got General Coverage receivers at the
expense of very poor close-spaced IMD and BDR performance.

The unique DSP contribution to HF RX is smart auto-notch and noise
reduction, the rest is marketing!

IF above 15 MHz removes superhet images from HF working range!  Collins IF
goes even above 3 x 30 MHz.  W0IYH in QEX nicely explains cost/performance
trade-offs with narrow front-end crystal filters.  I am surprised that
purists are not buying more 200 $ crystal filters at the antenna input!?

73 de Maro, S56A, N1YU