[TenTec] omni v short dits

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] omni v short dits
From: "W9GE" <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:36:57 -0400
N4LQ wrote:
"Weighting however can be varied to compensate for speed and conditions.
Weighting will change the time gap between dit and dah in a character. Back
in the old days, we used an ohmmeter to adjust the weight by holding dits
and adjusting for half scale on the meter."

Steve: Is there another way?  For me the old days are still here.  50% on an
analog meter still works just fine.  Been doing it that way for 40 years!
And I use a WWII ohm meter issued to my dad (W9EIZ SK) in Burma in 1942 or
43.  It still helps me set the dits on his GI issue Lionel bug too.  If that
bug could talk, the stories it would tell; WWII, Korea and almost the Honor
Roll to say nothing of field days, traffic passing and good old rag chewing.
CW dead or dying?  Not in my lifetime!  73 bob de w9ge