Re: [TenTec] Re: 100w mobile rig, etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: 100w mobile rig, etc.
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:17:19 -1000
Jim Miller WB5OXQ wrote:

I guess this is why when I ger on my Thursday night net on 3.972, mobile
running 100 watts into a Little Tarheel 2 I am heard 200 miles away as loud
or louder than most of the other 3 or 4 base stations in the same town as I
am in.
On 40 I frequently talk from central Texas into Mississippi and Alabama on
the same rig. Granted I can talk a lot further on my base running a
centurion into a force 12 c3 beam!

Hams have mobile rigs and rigs in their shacks. Base stations are what Land Mobile Radio services, such as CB have.