Re: [TenTec] Difference Between Omni VI+ and Paragon II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Difference Between Omni VI+ and Paragon II
From: "Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales" <sales@tentec.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:45:04 -0400

Hi All:

Sorry, again I responded to the entire group and that was not my intentions.

The basic difference between the two Paragons are more than I list here but basically the Paragon II
included both AM and FM transmit and receive. With the Paragon 585 you needed an additional FM board
to run FM transmit. The Paragon 585 will only receive AM and not transmit. The 586 will both transmit
and receive on AM. Both radios can be modified for MARS operation. The Paragon II has a Omni VI
style front button set with a more advanced logic design circuitry to allow for band stacking registers like the
Omni VI. The Paragon II also has more advanced RS-232 interface/logic design to allow for the Icom style
logging programs to be run. With the original 585 Paragon you needed a special software logging program which
may be a bit hard to locate.

73,
Stan

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4. Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs. Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
Email: New product sales/product info sales@tentec.com
Service department service@tentec.com
While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
more complete answer to your inquiries. Thanks!