Re: [TenTec] INRAD 600Hz Orion filter arrived

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] INRAD 600Hz Orion filter arrived
From: "Tom Whiteside" <tomw@ecpi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:46:49 -0500
>From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
>Tom, Let us know how well it works, I assume you took the 500hz filter out.
>as well as replacing the 1khz filter with the new 600hz Inrad.  Did you
>leave the 1.8khz filter alone or put the 1khz filter there? Lots of
>questions? Keep us informed. Toby W4CAK

I went ahead and left the 500Hz filter in the circuit but turned it off in
the menu - thought it might be fun to see if I could hear any difference
under tough contest conditions.    Since W4ZV raised good questions about
putting the 1.8KHz filter in the 2.4KHz slot, I decided to leave the 1.8KHz
filter where it was.   Pretty easy to turn that on in SSB contests and have
the flexibility of using the DSP filter in less demanding times.

Tom Whiteside
N5TW Georgetown, TX