[TenTec] argosy help

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] argosy help
From: MIKE BRYCE <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:21:57 -0400
Boys and girls..

I have been working on an OLD argosy.

several problems were found on the rf mixer board # 80784 and the IF/audio
board 80785

my problem is my manuals do not reflect the older pcbs that I have in the
radios.

so does anyone have the correct prints? yea, know I should call TT, but
spend way too much of the service department time on this thing so far.  A
lot of parts were ordered.. and the radio is working.. somewhat...

especially interested in the IF/audio board. there are four trimmers. Two
for sidetone volume and pitch, one for s-meter calibration and who knows
what the fourth one is for.

my argosy II does not have this fourth trimmer.

the old argosy has two 1496 mixers on the RF board, the Argosy II does not.

I am using an old argosy manual (NOT for the argosy II!) and the IF/af board
schematic is shown as version b.

thanks...

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems