[TenTec] AMP problems with Orion 1.371

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] AMP problems with Orion 1.371
From: Bruce W3BP <w3bp@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:44:17 +0000
For the longest time I have been having problems with my ACOM2000A getting
 ARC faults and going off line on 40, 80 and 160M. This never happens on
10, 15 or 20M. I am using the AMP-1 line directly to the amplifier. Not the
QSK  hook up.
After reading about W4BQF's problems,  I went back to version 1.369. So far
no ARC faults. I think W4BQF is correct, there is something fishy with the
latest version of the Orion software.
It should be noted that my ACOM is very old and does not have the latest
firmware. This amp is more prone to ARC faults when changing bands than
three other ACOMS I have used which have the latest firmware in them.

73, Bruce W3BP