[TenTec] TenTec Service

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec Service
From: "Larry Greenberg N5BEA" <larrylg1@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:46:55 -0400 (EDT)
 Back in the late 70's I had a problem with my first TenTec an Argonaut, so I
sent it in and a whole lot of extra alignment etc was done at no additional
charge. The tech informed me that the required repair did not take too long and
he was requied to charge a minium, so he just checked to see what might be
benificial.  Last year I sent in a rig for repair, and guess what... The very
same tech, no names mentioned, answered the
   I  just wonder ONLY,  after reading or at least scanning over some of the
comments  on the reflector, what kind of  feed back we will be hearing of the
airwaves, in the next year or two, when some of those shiny new 7800s require
out of warranty repairs...   I once took an foreign car to an import repair
facility.  The flat rates were posted, the same mechanics were certified on
different car types, but the flat rate went up depending of the price of the
car..  Ju
 st something to think about.. Service is a significant factor, at least when I
 I purchace a rig.. Larry GreenbergN5BEA