Re: [TenTec] Q: Multiple Speaker Outputs from an Orion?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Q: Multiple Speaker Outputs from an Orion?
From: w4tje <w4tje@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:54:35 -0400
hello Eric,
Yes, and it sounds very good, too. John N0KHQ posted a thread earlier today, and he mentioned what he had done along those lines.
In my case, I feed a set of cheap computer speakers from the headphone jack, via a stereo plug and y cable. Each receiver feeds into a separate speaker. I use amplified speakers because the audio output from the headphone jack was not strong enough to drive stock speakers. I'm sure that an outboard audio amplifier, or running it through a soundcard, would work also. but I used what was handy, and it works wonderfully.
Next, I may try it with some better speakers, such as what John suggested in his post today.
There may be other ways to do it, but that way works for me.
Please let me know your results.
And thanks to John N0KHQ for bringing this topic up today.
73 de Jack W4TJE