Re: [TenTec] connector type?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] connector type?
From: MIKE BRYCE <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:30:04 -0400
those are called MTA for mass termination assemblies.

both AMP and molex makes headers (the part on the pcb) and  sockets (some
call them plugs) that the wire attaches to. The connections are not
soldered, but rather squeezed into the plug with a special tool.

they require a special tool to insert the wires into the plugs. AMP sell a
"T" handle thingiee that will work in a pinch, but its a pain in the butt to
use.

AMP also sell a pistol grip with interchangable heads for both the .100 and
.156 sized plugs. ten tec uses the .100 size. i have yet to run across the
.156 spacing when working on TT gear. the grip is $80 and each head is $125

the actual headers and plugs are cheap, about .15 each depending on number
of pins.

We use the .100 MTA here in our products all the time.

Mike Bryce, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com