Re: [TenTec] re Ten Tec amps and ALC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re Ten Tec amps and ALC
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:14:30 -0000
Rob

It is important to remember there is no standard for alc circuitry and
operation.  It is eroneous for a third party amplifier manufactuers to have
an alc output and suggest you should use it regardless of your exciter.

Most amplifier manufacturers suggest you don't try to link exciter alc to
amplifier alc ccts because compatibility is unlikely.  Connection is for the
most part unecessary and frequently undesirable.

Strangely enough, many non linearity problems are caused by ineffective alc
operation which could be avoided if alc didn't need to be relied upon.

Bob, 5B4AGN