Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up

To: "Ken Brown" <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI locking up
From: "Jay Schwisow" <kt5e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:04:20 -0500
Ken,

I have not tried all the buttons to unlock the rig.  Again, it does not lock
in transmit it just clicks a relay and the display goes blank.

This has happened with the iambic key hooked directly to the rig and most
recentlry through a W5XD IF.  It has never locked in SSB but then again I
have only had 2-3 Qs on SSB.

It has happened on 15, 17, 20,30 and 40 meters.

Meter illumination dims.

Not sure about LEDs....I will pay attention to this.

Thanks,

Jay - KT5E