Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Serial Numbers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Serial Numbers
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:50:22 -0400
Rod,

You could also do a test to check for the presence of the oven if you've got
the Omni VI hooked up for PSK. Tune a few hundred Hz from  WWV on 10 MHz.
watch the waterfall trace of the tone from the carrier.  You should see (and
hear) it drift as the rig warms up.  Turn the Omni VI off for a couple of
hours but leave the power supply on and repeat. That's probably more
reliable than relying on the SN as a previous owner may have or may have had
TT modify the radio.

73,
Mark