RE: [TenTec] Hercules Amps and Model 253 Autotuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Hercules Amps and Model 253 Autotuners
From: "Duane Budd" <w5ben@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:11:04 -0400
Chuck (Jack) Hawley said:

"They are probably still underpriced. Consider what else is available with
those features. When they were sold new by Ten-Tec, they were probably also
a bargain although the tuner did need some refinement as to some operational
idiosyncrasies. You can still get around $525 from Ten-Tec as a tradein on
the tuner. I have both with the Omni 6+ and toy with the idea of getting
spares. They are connected for band changing. Love them.

Chuck, KE9UW"

Me, too!!!

And you make my point exactly. There is nothing available at anywhere near
what they sold for that will match their performance and specifications.

I have both with an Omni VI (option 3). I am not sure what you meant by
"operational idiosyncrasies. I have found none with mine. It tunes nearly
anything up to 10:1 SWR and handles the output of my QRO 2500DX at key-down
1500 watts without a problem.

IF I owned Ten-Tec, danged if I wouldn't start manufacturing them both
again, either just the way they did, or upgraded.

Thanks for your response, Chuck.

73

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net