[TenTec] Omni VI v. Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI v. Orion
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:42:27 +0000
<<<Dang!  For the past 10 years I've been thinking it was a great DX chasing
radio.
I hate it when someone "busts my bubble", hi.
(sign me "Need only VU4 and VU7)
Tony, W4FOA>>>

The available options were limited by the original poster to the Orion and the Omni VI. If you want to chase dx and are choosing between these two rigs, and are willing to purchase one or the other, you would choose the Orion because supposedly it is better for dx and contesting than the Omni VI. This means that the Omni, while capable for dx also, would be the choice for ragchewing because the dx ability of the Orion would not be needed as much.

Rob/K5UJ