Re: [TenTec] fancy new rigs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] fancy new rigs
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:22:56 -0500
>      ... I mean, what's ham radio without a rig that can
>     show two s-meters,140 knobs (125 of which nobody will ever use), a
>     color fishfinder display  and a Bulgarian voice keyer!

The fishfinder ... that's certainly one I hadn't thought of.

Combine that with yesterday's question about "accordion sounds" and
perhaps you could take a modern radio and play a rousing Polka while
finding the best place to cast your line in anticipation of a fine fish dinner
..

I tried the accordion thing .. put a strap on my Orion, hung it around my
neck, positioned it just so with my right finger tips able to reach all of the
buttons.  When I squeezed the rig, however, nothing much happened.  I
must not have the technique down quite right .. maybe I need to blow into
it somewhere, too  ...  :-)

Grant/NQ5T